Thursday 28 February 2013

Life of Pi 4

"We sail like Columbus" said Pi's father.
This triggered my memory when I first came to Canada. It was when I was 6 years old when I first stepped onto a plane, and back then, I had no idea how dramatically this would change my life. I was young and naive, clueless of what was happening and merely thought of it as another adventure, but clearly I was wrong.
Contrasting my experience to Pi, his perception on immigrating to Canada must have been very different. Leaving his home country for a place he has never been to. Everything he has worked for, like the zoo and his relationships, left behind, only leaving traces of memory. The journey to him must have been horrific

1 comment:

  1. I was gonna write a post about moving too! telepathy? :O
    it would have been easier for you to move since you were only 6, but I hated to be separated from all my friends that I'm not even in contact with anymore haha

    ReplyDelete