Thursday 28 February 2013

Life of Pi 3

As a baptized and a confirmed Christian , I was brought upon a religious family and ever since I could remember, I was attending mass every Sunday, memorizing prayers to be confirmed and baptized in order to remain faithful to my religion. However, throughout the last few years of high school, I've been drifting away from Christianity, never going to mass, believing that there is no god. I am utterly breath taken towards Pi's loyalty to not just one, but three religions as I am having trouble managing just once. Its hard maintaining your faith to something that cannot be seen or proven.
Yann Martel in the author's note section states that he has a story to tell that would make the reader believe in god. I'm excited to hear what the story he has to tell and that if it will change my perception towards Christianity.

1 comment:

  1. So what do you think really happened out there? Would you rather hear the truth? Did you truly believe that he lived out there for that long with a tiger? I think this is where faith comes in...

    ReplyDelete